Thursday, February 7, 2013

Phal "Ikea" in full bloom.

Close up of Phal. NoID "Ikea".
   
     These poor cellphone photos do no justice to how richly colored the blossoms are! Imagine a bright, buttery crayon-yellow with deep wine-colored spots. Its surprising how washed out the color is in the photos.

     It has taken about 1 month for all the buds to open, totaling 5 blooms. This isn't bad considering that in the span of purchase to bud, the phal was repotted twice and exposed to undesirable cold during Hurricane Sandy. The two new leafs continue to grow, but look like they are growing long and thin - a classic sign that it lacks sufficient light. I have been looking online for plant racks that I can place infront of my window, but I think I will hold off on my decision until September.
Full view of the phal and a wrinkly bed sheet.



I will be moving my plants with me to my new college in september, and plan on buying either a rack or a terrarium to house them. It will be much easier to heat, light and keep adequate humidity in a terrarium, but for all i know, I may only have enough room for a small rack by the window.

Possibly elongated leaves. Lack of light?

No comments:

Post a Comment