Thursday, July 4, 2013

General Growth Update

Tol. Tequila Sunrise with 3 new blooms from an extension
      Nothing much exciting going on right now. Mostly roots growing like crazy, so I will compile it into one post.

     My tolumnia has been doing well for now and has put out a new fan. It is growing slowly and crooked towards the light coming through my window.


A bright baby green shoot in the middle. Sorry for the poor photo.


     The new pseudobulb on Onc. Heaven Scent is maturing quick and has put out a few roots. I have since cut off the leaf that was obstructing the roots from reaching the bark. They have turned around and started growing into the media.






     Another leaf is growing out of Phal. Floppy Jack, along with 3 more roots. It is really exploded with new growth and any old roots and leaves are quickly withering away. I am unsure if this is a good sign or a bad one. I guess time will tell.




     Phal. Green is also showing signs of another new leaf poking through the crown. The last leaf has grown small (just like most other ones that have grow in my window sill) from poor light.



     Now that it is July, I am slowly starting to compile things needed to set up the anticipated college-bound orchid terrarium. I have bought a small clamp light that will use a grow-light and a medium-sized dome light to rest on top of the tank and provide full-spectrum lighting. I have dismembered an old tower computer I had for its two cooling fans to provide a breeze.

     I have also started making a McGyvered humidity/ misting system using an old cool-mist humidifier using a how-to I found on Orchidboard.

     I am leaving the most expensive purchase for last: An Exo-Terra tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment