Thursday, March 28, 2013

Phal. NoID "Valentine" recovering from sunburn

   
     This phal is special to me, as it was a gift from my boyfriend on Valentines Day one year ago (hence the name) .

     As seen by the thin, black, and cut out parts, this poor phal was sunburned. I placed it temporarily outside on a warm, overcast, spring day while I was doing a thorough cleaning of my room. It was in shade, and well watered so I would never expect it to become sunburned or parched. Sadly, that is what happened but is is making a rather good recovery. I let it be, and kept care as close to normal as possible. Im sure that this plant knows what its doing.
     One new leaf has grown since then and Im hoping for a few new roots soon.

Woody, most likely dead aerial roots - awaiting new ones :3

A picture from one year ago, showing buds and the phal's pretty pink & white colors.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment